blazingcannon

Skydive Burnaby Canadian 8way Freefly Record Success

After 16 attempts at a 10way, we finally completed an official 8way freefly record formation yesterday, holding it for 7.43 seconds. This broke last year's unofficial 6way record by 2.

The record head down formation had a rock solid 4-way base with 4 stingers and a talented video flyer catching the action.

A whopping heap of thanks goes to Dave Brown!
His group coaching showcased our strengths, while teaching us what we all had to do as individuals to work well together as a team. His encouragement and positive attitude helped us stick it through to a successful conclusion.
It was cool to find out that when he said " We WILL set a record today", he meant it!

A special thanks to Mike and Tara Pitt of Skydive Burnaby for their support, to Peter Dedonatis for his generosity in helping to fill the loads, and of course to our amazing pilots who got us 14grand on almost every load, sometimes even bending the rules to do so!!

Congratulations to all flyers who participated in the record camp. We all learned a ton from Dave Brown, and most importantly, we all survived the "growing pains" jumps to be able to put our new-found knowledge to use!

We're getting bigger and better every year - next year let's nail that 10 way!

The record-holding flyers are:

VIDEO:
AD-A310 Alain Nadeau

BASE:
AD-C12 David Brown
AD-A157 Goran Lazarovsky
AD-A324 Glen Cannon
AD-A293 Paul Rademacher

STINGERS:
AD-A309 Dan Labelle
AD-A235 Paul Farrell
AD-A326 John Zuliani
AD-A342 Philippe Thibodeau

{edited to add some praise for Monsieur Davide LeBrun haha}
"Spread your legs and fly"

Congrats guys!!! B| Hopefully we'll see a few of you at the Chicks Rock boogie at Tecumseh this weekend!!!

Speaking of which, do you have Paul Rademacher's number? If so, can ya PM me? Thanks bro. ;)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Woooooohoooooo! Go Canada! B|

Oh and Wrongway.... get it straight dork! :P .... it's the "Chicks Gone Skydiving" boogie, not "Chicks Rock!"..... jeesh.... some people! :P:D

Chicks Rock, Chicks Gone Skydiving, same difference. B|:D:P

Either way, they should come hang with us. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Hey Glen, it's Eugene.

Congrats man! That's awesome! Finally, after a year of trying;) Is Dave gone already? If not, why don't you go for a 10 way tomorrow? This is great news.

Anyway, see ya tomorrow!

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Let it be known that I have unfortunately spelled Goran's last name incorrectly : he tells me it's Lazarovski with an "i" at the end.
I'm unable to edit the original post so I thought I'd put this here.
Sorry Goran-dude!
Btw, for those of you who don't know, Goran's been doing some wickid organizing at Skydive Burnaby as of late, including a tracking race (Simon Chambers was the winner) and a freefly scrambles, which was really fun.
Cya,
G.
"Spread your legs and fly"