goose491

Side to Side Slide in HD

Hello all!!!

Working on the HD still. I'm able to get it, hold it, level it out with someone, and move it around a bit. My forward and aft drive is getting much better as I'm now able to dive with people for reference (I used to move waaaay to fast without realising).

Did a coach jump yesterday and my new goal is to smooth out the side to side movement. I'm using a hand input on the side I wish to go, on an angle, palm up and toward me to spill air and pull me where I'm going but it make me a little wonky. Any suggestions? Words of wisdom? Pictures? Vids?

I may have some clips of me to post for feedback in a day or so.

Thanks,
Nick

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Did a coach jump yesterday and my new goal is to smooth out the side to side movement. I'm using a hand input on the side I wish to go, on an angle, palm up and toward me to spill air and pull me where I'm going but it make me a little wonky. Any suggestions? Words of wisdom?

Do it more with your legs and not so much your hands...

Do it more with your legs and not so much your hands...

Right on. Would you say then, that the hand input is more to keep you vertical?

i.e.

-I want to cruise to my right, I stick the left leg out sideways further than the right one.

-This makes me move to the right but also makes me want to begin a cartwheelish rotation about the hips

-I put out the right hand to counter this rotation

???

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Your control comes from you hips, not your hands... I know that's a huge generalization, so take as that... There is no set way of doing something. Everyone's body is different and everyone flies their body in different ways. If you want to side slide in a sit, you're going to do it with more arms, shoulders and hips than you are with your legs (not to say that you won't use your legs at all, simply less focus on them than the other parts). So flip your body position and apply the same theory, and you'll find yourself using your legs, hips, back, and less of your hands.

Just keep on flying and things like this will fall into place. You'll be able to fly in all directions without having to think about what your doing with which part of your body.