prana185

Tonfly 2X+ with loose mounting plate?

Hey guys,

I'm very new to camera flying (sorry), and had some extra money to spend (double sorry), so I ordered a Tonfly 2X+ with an anti-twist link to hook up to a Sony CX580V. I love the thing - it's more comfortable than my non-camera helmet, even if I have no idea what I'm doing/filming. However, there is a noticeable vibration in the anti-twist link. First, the post that fits in the camera bottom was too small. I fixed this with some epoxy for the time-being. Also, I think maybe the holes drilled in the side of the link that the retractable pin snaps into are a little too big for the retractable pin, meaning you can wiggle the whole camera/mount once it's snapped into place. Has anyone else had this problem? Like I said, I love this helmet, but if all my video is going to be shaky, then it's kinda defeating the purpose (Is this karma for spending more than getting a gopro?)

Another question - any folks with other sony cameras: do you have more than one "hole" for the mounting post in the bottom of your camera? This one has the screw receiver and one hole, so I just wanted to check.

Thanks for your help, including clever fixes if you've dealt with this before.

Hey Virgin,
I waited until I had 250 before getting a camera. I just haven't thought to update the profile on here. Thanks for the concern (seriously)

Dave,
I know, I know.. I'm working on a small island off the coast of Australia (not very cool - it's all for oil, and it's rather barren and boring), and there's no phone service. Internet is slower than dialup, so these message boards are the best I can do until I get home. I will call when I get there. I just thought I'd spend some of my time in here to see if anyone else had that problem.