Mandragor

cx116 + 0.3 opteka Vibrations ?

With the camera you're using, the cause of any vibrations is probably not the camera, but something else, ie, your helmet or your head, or if under canopy, your slider flapping against the camera.

Make sure the helmet fits right, it's supported properly on your head (not just a chinstrap), you're keeping your head still when filming, etc.

You can try turning steady shot OFF.

You could also post a bit of video on youtube to clarify the problem.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I have the cx150 and I get similar vibrations, especially during headdown flying.

I'm starting to think that the weak point is not my helmet or camera settings, but the lens. Perhaps the lens housing is not sturdy enough to prevent the front element from vibrating at fast wind speeds.

Another possibility, is the front mounting area of the cx150 is not rigid enough and begins to flex from the large amount of drag the Opteka lens catches during fast speeds. I'm starting to suspect this possibility more and more, while I play with the camera in my hands.

I may try some tests, like jumping with no lens to verify that my helmet and camera are not being the source of the vibrations. Then I'll move onto seeing how to test my lens mount theory. I'm not too smart so hopefully I'll come up with something.