DSE

MUVI Atom

I bought one of these micro cams for a coaching helmet. My wingsuit coaching helmet has a talk/listen system so I can communicate with wingsuit students. This required a full-face helmet. I wanted something super small and inobtrusive. So...I put in a MUVI Atom. First 3 jumps...it shut off the second it hit the wind.
I put gaffers tape over the USB and MicroSD card ports and the problem went away.
I'm told that the extreme sports version comes with a silicone cover, but mine didn't.
hopefully my experience will help others in the event of a challenge.

Im not having any issues with mine (though I think I have the slightly older 'normal' model and not the even smaller Atom) but did find one thread on a forum where people reported issues with their unit and some potential fixes.

With 70 pages of stuff, a big browse through might get you some usefull solutions..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I did find the unit only writes recordings if you use the 'rec' button.
Using the power-switch to stop recording prevents the unit from writing/closing the file, hence loosing your last recording.
And VOX should always be off (sound on/off activation). Stuff to mind.

I pretty much leave the unit on all day, and only hit the rec button just before exit, and off on landing. After a few minutes it automaticly goes into hybernate (or whatever it is) and doesnt start using power (and recording) untill I hit record.

So far used the camera 2 full days of jumping without charging.
The quality isnt much, but it was dirty cheap and just to grab some stuff for debrief on wingsuitjumps where Im performing (and dont want a big setup on my head) its ideal...(you can see it mounted on the nose of my helmet here)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?