daytripper419

Do you KNow?

I am gonna buy a cx100/110 in the next month. I see only these main differences in them. Correct me if I am missing something.

-price
-weight
-sensor size
-backlight sensor

I am wandering if the differance in weight(2oz) would be noticable and if the bigger censor on the 110 is gonna be noticable. If these are not beneficial than gonna save some money and go with 100.

Hey, Gary -

There is a lot of info in that thread, but none that seems to answer this guy's question. Mostly a lot of discussion about golf swing mode. :)
FWIW, I have the same question that the OP & a couple of the posters in the original thread have. I'm waiting on a new camera helmet to arrive, and wondering if it's worth it to spend the extra cash on the CX110 or 150.

I know Spot mentioned in the other thread that if you already own a CX100, he didn't think it would be worth 86'ing your CX100 in favor of the CX110 - but no one's mentioned any opinion yet on whether people who don't yet have a camera would do better to cough up the extra $100 or so for the newer model.

So...anyone have any thoughts on whether the differences/improvements in the newer model are enough to justify paying more for it?
Signatures are the new black.

Hey, Gary -

There is a lot of info in that thread, but none that seems to answer this guy's question. Mostly a lot of discussion about golf swing mode. :)
FWIW, I have the same question that the OP & a couple of the posters in the original thread have. I'm waiting on a new camera helmet to arrive, and wondering if it's worth it to spend the extra cash on the CX110 or 150.

I know Spot mentioned in the other thread that if you already own a CX100, he didn't think it would be worth 86'ing your CX100 in favor of the CX110 - but no one's mentioned any opinion yet on whether people who don't yet have a camera would do better to cough up the extra $100 or so for the newer model.

So...anyone have any thoughts on whether the differences/improvements in the newer model are enough to justify paying more for it?

yEA WHAt he SaiD;)

Hey, Gary -

Well, the .pdf comparison file should answer those questions...

The CX110 & 150 are both 2oz. lighter.

They both have a slightly larger Censor which after reading these posts tell me the cameras will do a little better in low light conditions.

The CX150 has 16GB onboard memory as opposed to the 100's 8GB and it seems that the CX110 has no onboard memory and REQUIRES a memory stick.

These are the differences...

What it boils down to is... Is 2oz lighter and slightly better low light capabilities minus the internal memory worth an extra $100 to ya?

Or, is 2oz lighter, slightly better low light and an extra 8GB on board worth $150 more.

Now I doubt that the increase in low light capabilities is all that noticeable, but I have to tell you, the CX100's isn't good at all. Anything better would have to be a plus. Thankfully, I don't do a lot of low light filming... rarely on the sunsat load.

2oz isn't all that much with a small helmet and like a Rebel on your head, but if you're shooting off a FTP with a 5D and a Flash then the 2oz is gonna be huge, well worth the increase in money if you ask me.

For my money it's the CX100 hands down. Does a great job and it's fairly cheap. If I need more memory I'll buy more cards. (I don't even shoot on the onboard memory cause I want it for emergencies). The cards don't cost $150 either. I don't try and film in low light enough to worry about it so like I said, FOR ME it's a no brainer... It comes down to choice. You have to make one.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

Gary - You're a gentleman & a scholar.

Thanks for the thoughts - I was at the point where I was thinking, 'I have no idea what a slightly larger CMOS sensor will do'...much less the difference between an "Exmor CMOS sensor with ClearVid Array" vs. a "back-illuminated 'Exmor R' CMOS sensor".

Your breaking it down a little helps a digital video newb like me a whole lot. Thanks. :)

Signatures are the new black.