jsreznor

1st Try

Did my 100th a few weeks ago and decided to give it a try, cutting and splicing the video into something semi-decent. I'd love for some feedback since this was my first time working with Premiere and learning on the job.

High quality on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=257127639366&ref=mf

Lower quality on skytu.be:http://www.skytu.be/videos/478/my-100th-skydive

Please let me know what you think!

I was able to view it on the skytu.be site. I hope you take what I say as constructive criticism but I woulda' cut a lot more. It is a short video about a skydive right? But there is no skydiving until over half way through the video. And most of that was just wasted, shaky, hand-held footage in the plane. I would have replaced that with showing the exit, landing, or some other memorable part of the dive twice, maybe once in slow-mo.

I liked the split screen of the two views (ala Woodstock). I would have cleaned it up a bit by zooming and cropping the right hand video to match the two aspect ratios. (There isn't much on the extreme sides to see anyway.)

Lastly, I would minimize the credits and titles for such a short video. When you do a feature movie or longer documentary I think that is appropriate. But for a very short video, the titles should be proportionately short (maybe none, or at most a simple title and a quick copyright).

Good job though, and congrats on your 100th.