DShiznit

Canon FS10/FS11 suitable?

Hey guys, first post in the photography section...

As I'm looking to do video (fun jumps) in the next year, I'm curious to know if this is a decent camera for skydiving. Yes, I'm aware of the required jump numbers and won't start prior to, but need to know if this is something that will work. I already have it as the wife purchased for home video, but if it can be dual use - great!

Any opinions?

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camcorders/canon-fs10/4505-6500_7-32786398.html

pretty much all cameraflyers jump Sony videocameras. Why? They work, and the accessories work with them.

That Canon will not work with a hype-eye and there are no boxes for it for sale, if it has OIS you will be unable to back/sitfly with it without problems, you may or may not have problems with editing if it uses another variety of AVCHD than Sony does, and it very well may not last as long in the air as the average Sony would.

Besides all that, you may not want to risk a camera you need for other purposes skydiving as the air isn't very camera-friendly environment, and particularly with newbie camera flyers it's easy to damage the camera, but that's your call.

ciel bleu,
Saskia