freeflyit

Entry Level

Hi Everyone.

I am strongly considering purchasing a video setup. Just a helmet, bracket/box, and a side camera.

Before I ask, I just want to say that I'm not planning on jumping camera tomorow. I will wait until I at least have 200 jumps and a 'B' CSPA licence before I proceed. However, I plan to reach that point soon.

So as it stands, all I know is that I want a camera system with a side mount/small top mount for entry level flyer.

Right now, I know very little about how to get the proper set-up and am basically like a retarded gorilla waiting to get a****cked.

Would someone please explain to me what are ropes? What do I need to look for in terms of equipment? I know I said 'entry level' but I don't want crappy quality video.

I'm on a budget so I can't buy the best...I'm aiming for $1000 used complete setup.

Thanks, any response is appreciated.

Topmount is safer for both you, your neck and your camera. You want a video system to start with, don't even think about adding stills. Right now, a CX105/CX100 + raynox HD3032 lens is the camera to have. Most any open-faced camera helmet that fits you, has a cutaway system, has room for an audible and has (the possibility of) a quickrelease and/or camerabox for the CX100 on top will do. The CX100/105 is a great little camera, good quality video for everything aside from in the dark (ie, BASE type stuff).

ciel bleu,
Saskia