franklinh704

Moisture on lens

First you have to identify where it is fogging up. Sometimes it is the front, sometimes between the cam and the lens, sometimes between elements. I'll just address one technique for keeping the front of the front element from fogging up.

When you have a cold surface, and it goes through warmer, moist air, the moisture in that air will condense on that cold surface. One trick is to just keep the lens as warm as possible in the first place. If you are sitting in the back of a drafty Otter that can be hard, but simply keeping your warm hand on the metal of the lens in the aircraft, or positioning your helmet so its lens is in your crotch while climbing to altitude (I know I'll get some comments about that one) will do a lot to alleviate condensation.

it's not so much from clouds,,,

but from higher temps and humidity levels, at lower altitudes....

cold and dryer up above...

then you hit the lower and wetter air closer to the ground and bam...the center of your lens goes foggy...ANd usually just as you're trying to catch the deployment...[:/]>:(

depending on what you're videoing.... can you simply eliminate the wide angle lens????

or else... two words... 'cat crap'

jt