Isenring

SONY HVR-A1E BOX COVER?

Hi everyone

I am still videoflying my old SONY PC2 for Teamvideo and am thinking of some kind of upgrade.

Currently I have to opportunity to purchase a used, nearly new Sony HVR-A1E for app. 1k$. Price seems to be more than fair.

Anyway. I am looking for a way to protect this (topmounted) camera. Anyone heard of anything that works with this model?

Happy for any help.

Thanks...and blue skies

Um that's kind of a big camera to be used for team training. It seems like over kill to me.

I wouldn't want to make it any bigger then it already is by putting it in a box or adding anything to it.

Have you thought of buying a CX105 or HC5e maybe? Both of those would be a big step up with out having that monster on your head.

It's not THAT big, if you're used to flying the older TRV style cameras it's even lighter. A HC5 might serve your needs better though money-wise if you can find one. The A1 is better but for twice the money... I only jumped with a A1 once, this camera has a cloth "box" around it with 2 zippers and a metal plate inside. Real cool. See pics. Ask Parashoot where he got it ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I jumped an A1 for a year before switching to an HC-5. The A1 isn't that big, but the HC-5 is so much smaller, and 95 percent of the camera for jumping purposes (and the CX100 smaller still). Personally I wouldn't spend $1K on an A1 if it was just for jumping.

However, either camera dictates top-mount IMHO, and once up top, why bother with a box? A condom might be nice for weather and small scuffs, but I haven't had a problem with either on either camera top-mounted.