humbled1

Vegas 8 vs Vegas 9

I am fairly new to video editing but I know alot about computers and software in general. I have done some very basic editing using Windows Movie Maker and Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 but I really don't know what I am doing.

My question is, should I learn how to use Vegas 9 from the start, or would it make more sense to begin with Vegas 8 since there is so much info out there? ( I am refering to the non-Pro versions of the software)

I did order some books/DVDs from Vasst yesterday including the one on Vegas 9 and the Sony HC5 (which is my camera) I guess I should have asked this question before I made my purchase.
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

If you know Vegas Platinum, you'll very smoothly transition into Vegas Pro 8 at any point. The interfaces are nearly identical.
In fact, projects created in Movie Studio can be opened in Vegas Pro (but not the other way around).

Vegas Pro offers automation, unlimited tracks, surround, and some other features/benefits, but by no means is it a requirement. you can make GREAT vids with the four tracks offered in Vegas Movie Studio.
Feeblemind picked up Vegas a week ago, and without training has been creating some very complex content. I've given him some minor tips here/there, but it's pretty intuitive for most.

Thanks alot for your reply. I will continue using Platinum but I am looking forward to the tutorial I ordered. I don't mind trying to figure things out but I feel pretty clueless and I figure I will waste less time once I get some type of foundation using the app.
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

the tuturial was also a great help to me...awesome buy in my opinion....
(no experience what so ever with editing )

now its much easier and not so DOH how do I do that .... :)
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"