DSE

HypEye changed?

Ordered a new HypEye, and was surprised to find that it wasn't like my old one. Was a VERY pleasant surprise to see how small it is, and how much brighter still, than the old one.
The clear shrink on the mini allows greater brightness, but also allows for the entire area to "glow" based on how light is distributed. The indicator is roughly 1/3 the width of the older one. It's bright enough that it doesn't need to be very close to the ring sight if you don't want, IMO.
What blows is now that I've seen the new version, I need to replace my old one on another helmet because I like the new/improved over the old.
Emailed Trunk and he informed me that he's only selling the new one. Was a welcome surprise.
There is a little information on the gethypoxic.com website, but no pix that compare the old vs new in terms of size/brightness.

It's bright enough that it doesn't need to be very close to the ring sight if you don't want, IMO.

On my "play" helmet, my HypEye is nowhere near my eyes, see Rawa below. I basically wanted something without anything in front of my eyes for the Rawa.

However, on my "serious business" helmet (Cranial Camera Mount), it's on my ring site, but that's also because I also have an LED coming from my L&B Optima attached to it, otherwise I'd mount it else where. Side note: My CCM's ring site swivels out of the way for when I'm under canopy.

The HypEye (I only have the older style) is bright enough to see out of the corner of my eyes on the Rawa, or on the reflection of any surface. I love it! B|

OH, and I know the pics are a bit out of focus.:$.. but i was in a hurry, and didn't wanna retake them. :P

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!