Buckles

mounting articulated ring sight?

When i got my articulated mounting bracket, it came without any nuts and said to just add silicon to the bolts. Did anyone add some nuts to the inside of the helemt to increase the chances of it not falling off during freefall or openings? Or is the silicon enough security?

Did anyone add some nuts to the inside of the helemt to increase the chances of it not falling off during freefall or openings? Or is the silicon enough security?

you need to go from the inside of the helmet to the outside of the helmet.

The mount (see picture) actually functions as the nut. (as you can see from the picture the aren't long enough to

I'm not exactly sure what the functuion of the silicone is but I imagine its primary function is to create a better interface/reduce vibrations between the helmet and the mount. For that matter it also probably creates a better connection between the nylon screws and the mount.

(I'm sure someone out there knows what the function is... I'm only able to speculate as an external observer/engineer)

I hope this helps...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

if i'm not mistaken the reason i got for the nylon bolts is so that if you do have a snag it is more likely to come off rather than cause an entanglement.

you are not mistaken... that is the reason for the nylon bolts.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...