lister55

Firewire question

Does the docking station for a pc109 have to be NTSC? I am looking for a replacement docking station and have found one, but it claims to be for the PC109(E). In other words, does the docking station do the data conversion or is it simply a tool that carries the data?

Another question I thought of is whether or not the charging portion of the docking station would be compatable between the PC109 and the PC109(E). If I get the power coverter and plug for a US set up will the docking station handle it ok?

Maybe not - isnt there differences in the supply A/C voltage?
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Another question I thought of is whether or not the charging portion of the docking station would be compatable between the PC109 and the PC109(E). If I get the power coverter and plug for a US set up will the docking station handle it ok?

As with the video signal, I doubt the docking station does anything to the voltages.

The AC adapter has input conditions of 100-240V and either 50/60Hz and outputs DC at 8.4V up to 1.5A. It's the output you really care about when it comes to working with the camera, but that input range would suggest it's designed to operate in both North America and Europe (among other places.)

If you look at the adapter there's the brick and the cable that goes to the camera and they are connected, and it accepts a simple cord that goes to the wall outlet that can be supplied pursuant to which region they ship it to.

It's always cheaper to design one version of the complicated thing and many versions of the simple thing.