everymansaved

Filter Diameter?

Hey all, I just bought a PC109 for my wife's Christmas present, and I'd like to get a wide angle too now that I know which camera I'm getting. I looked on the Mfg. spec sheet I downloaded from Sony, and it says "Filter Diameter: 25mm." I'm assuming that this is the measurement I need for a wide angle? I mean, either that or converter rings from whatever the lens size is to 25mm, correct? Also, if I get converter rings, do I lose quality? Thanks guys and gals!

Sean LR
God made firefighters so paramedics would have heroes...and someone can put out the trailer fires.

Also, if I get converter rings, do I lose quality? Thanks guys and gals!

You already got your lens, but about the step-up ring: if you use a step-up ring, your lens will be a bit further away from your in-camera lens, so the wide-angle effect will be less. A .45 with a step-up ring might become a .55 or so (don't know the exact numbers).

Quality should not be affected by a step-up ring.

Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Yeah, I picked up a 25mm 0.5X Tiffen lens on eBay. It said 25mm on the auction, so let's hope it's going to work!

You just have to be careful because sometimes its a different diameter and they just give you a step down/up ring which is annoying. Especially when the lense it 37mm and you put it on a step down ring for a 25mm camera and it looks totally stupid! And remember, looks are EVERYTHING!