oldgit

Anyone using a stand alone DVD recorder help

I have been making tandem DVDs on the computer for a couple of years but its very time consuming so I bought a L.G. RH7500 DVD recorder with hard drive.
Quality is good and it only takes a few minutes to finalise the disc.
The problem is it puts a thumbnail menu on the disc at start up.
I have tried every thing to stop this but no luck.
I prefer my DVDs to auto play I think it looks more provisional.
I suppose it wouldn’t be so bad if the menu contained only the thumb nails of the promo and jump but it has 6 spaces so there are 4 empty boxes in the menu which looks bad.
I have tried both copying from the hard drive and direct to DVD by fire wire still get the menu.
As usual trying to get tech help from manufacturer has been a waste of time and money on phone calls.
Anyone any ideas or do you have a dvd recorder that makes auto play discs
What type of dvd recorders are being used?

John

I have a sony gx 7 and it works nice .But i'm not planning on using it this year ,since i just got a new imac g5 .I'll only use the gx7 if people want to take there video with them the same day.I usually mail the dvd's to them all edited with menu and stuff.Let them have the photo's on cd with an 8 x 10 to take with them so they have something to bragg with .

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................