slayer152

Windows Movie Maker project to DVD

Just a quick question from a newbie. I'm definitely not flying a camera yet, just taking some home movies and some of my skydiving movies shot by other people and making a movie. Figured I could ask this question now and play around with some software so when I do start flying a camera I'll be ready to make awesome movies. :ph34r:

Can someone tell me how i can take a movie created on windows movie maker and burn to dvd format to play on a home dvd player?

_______________The only thing in life that doesnt take effort is failure________________

Search for a free program called 'avi to dvd' there is a guide on afterdawn.com.

I personally have not gotten it to worlk, but it is freeware and it can be done. I just have not have the time.

good luck!

Oh yeah- you can also author the dvd with a DVD authoring prog., youd have to buy one or use a demo version that will water mark your video probably. This will allow you to add menus, chapters, titles, and suptitles to the film. I dont care for that stuff- so I just use Preimier Pro to export as a DVD- but thats an expensive program.

Thank you for the sugestion. after doing the search and looking at the website you gave, i found a program called DVDsanta. It will convert any video file (avi, wmv, divx...etc) to dvd format. Then all you need is a program like. DVDcopy or other to burn it. Since i already use DVDcopy (for other reasons, lol) it was a great find.
Just thought id thank you and post the find so if anyone else needed to know about it they could look for DVDsanta 4.0

_______________The only thing in life that doesnt take effort is failure________________

Cool man.. I love afterdawn.com. It helps a lot on all sorts of subjects, from home thearter to DVD / Divx and so on.

I gotta check out DVDSanta.. heard good things. never used it.

What does DVDSanta out put? Was it a VIDEO_TS / AUDIO_TS folders? Or an .ISO (or some kind of image?)

thanks

Dave