Helmut

Premier vs ?????

I got a copy of premier pro and it certainly is not user friendly. All I want to do some minor editing and adding music to base and skydiving vids. Is there anything easier to deal with out there or should I keep learning to work with premier. Reminds me of dealing with Photoshop when I first started working with it. Thanks for any help.

If you know Photoshop well the curve is a whole lot faster then for your average user.

Windows Movie Maker will work for a lot of video editing (just did a tandem video in it since my Premiere is not installed) and its free in windows XP. its learning curve is simple.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I got a copy of premier pro and it certainly is not user friendly. All I want to do some minor editing and adding music to base and skydiving vids. Is there anything easier to deal with out there or should I keep learning to work with premier. Reminds me of dealing with Photoshop when I first started working with it. Thanks for any help.

First off you have to understand that PPro is not an A/B editing system.

A/B editing was the how original non-linear editors were designed, this was to have your video clips on alternating tracks and have a separate track for transitions and effects.

With PPro you use the one track for everything, when you open PPro you are presented with multiple video and audio tracks, but you use these as overlay tracks, working from the top down.

So to put a basic project together, all you need to is first, click file – new - project, then you will be presented with a project settings window, select the settings you want and click ok.

Then import all you clips, click the project “bin” window and press Control-I or drag and drop the files into this window.

After you have done this, all you need to is add the clips to the timeline, either just drag and drop them, or double click the clip to preview it, and within the preview window set “in” and “out” markers, then when you drag and drop the clip on the timeline only the footage between the markers is dropped.

Place all the clips you want on the same track, next to each other with no gap, then you can add transitions between them, by selecting the transition you want and dragging it to cut that you want to transition.

All you need do now is drop you audio file on an audio track, and you’re complete.

If your still having problems, then i might suggest Ulead Media Studio.
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

I have both Premiere and Premiere Elements. I've found that for quick and simple edits that Elements does what I need quickly - plus it has the facility to create the DVD's (hint - when burning to DVD have it burn to a folder first then use Nero or Roxio to burn the actual DVD)

Bill