lister55

Rawa VS. 2K

I have been wondering on this issue.....

Both helmets claim to be camera specific, however, on the 2K it seems that the clam shell will accomodate many different camera sizes. It looks as though the only difference is the mounting plate inside the helmet. So if you ever lost or broke your camera and could not replace it with the exact same model all you would have to do is switch the mounting plate.

Now on the Rawa, the shell is an extemely tight fit. There is no room to accept a slightly larger camera, so you would be restricted to purchasing cameras the same size or smaller.

What do you guys think about this issue?

Can't comment on the Rawa, but I jump with 2k's Carbon Fibre FF2 with a PC330. The 330 is one of the larger PC models and it fits in there fine.

The location of the metal mount and the position of the mount-screw is tailored for the camera type. Also, different arrangements of foam padding and spacers are used inside the housing to get a tight but comfortable fit for the specific camera.

I'm lucky as I live about 10 miles from 2k, but it should be a relatively easy job to adjust for a slightly different sized camera yourself. If the L-Bracket was completely wrong for the new camera, at least you could order a new one separately.

Now on the Rawa, the shell is an extemely tight fit.

That is correct. The box is made to fit the specific camera model. Anything bigger than what the box was made for would not fit but you could rig something for a smaller camera if you used your imagination.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING