TaeKwonDoDo

Lost on DV Xfer to PC w/PC105

Any help appreciated in advance. I've been shooting video for a while and am just now getting around to figuring out how to transfer to my PC (so I can burn to DVD).

The PC105 came with a program called "Image Transfer". I hook up to my Firewire and in the "Image Transfer" "Capture Enviornment" I click on the "1394" button.... and nothing. Says "Camcorder not found".

I have my camera set to VCR... Is there additional camera settings I need to set?

Also, the "Image Mixer" came with a USB driver, but I didn't install it cause I am using 1394 - dumb question...(???). should I install it?

Any help on what's going on is greatly appreciated (I could have lived a while longer without needing to know this, but the wife just shot some tape of the kids, and now the pressure is on...)

TIA,

[OKOK... Edit added... So My wife says... "Is it connected to the camera?"

I said..."Do I look stupid? Of course it is..!!!".

Then I think for a moment, and look around the back of the computer for the other end of the firewire cable... sitting there on the floor. I'm going to go jump out of a plane now....]

- Jeff

"That's not flying, it's falling with style."

"around the back of the computer for the other end of the firewire cable... sitting there on the floor"

Yep, that'll stop the thing working....B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson