Faber

PC105 and nightvision

I have a pc 105,but it seems that it dont record as good as other models in dark,any has the same problem?

IE. my pc2(yup werry old)shoot better in dark than pc105

Talking,when the nightvision is turned on.

And yes i need it,but dont tell why:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

i know what your talking about,and yes i use the wideangel,which i also does at the pc2,didnt tryed it whithout,but it should be the same difference right...
just wondered if any noticed the same..

By the wideangel you will always get a more rugh picture by nightvision,and the Lens most time(unless you use thouse small lenses)will could be seen in the pic(it cover some of that "light").

At my pc105 i can barly see anything...lastweekend we PCA´d a teddybear off 7thfloor(it landed safly,no worryes:P),inside a big city whith loads of lifght arround but still videoed on nightvision,but we could never see a thing on the video(so actualy it never happened:P:ph34r::D).

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

From my experience with night vision on the PC-101, which in respect to night vision recording is pretty similar. I have found that with the wide angle lense, the light that the camera emitts does not use a wide enough spread. The light beam it projects is extremely narrow. Thus with the wide angle lense on, the viewable picture created from the wide angle lense goes outside of this light beam projected from the camera. Really, night vision works best with an external source of a low level light. Sony actually sells an external "night vision" light that projects a light beam that is wider and goes farther to help compensate for this problem.

Like I said before, you really need to take off the wide angle lense if you are going to shoot night vision. Remeber, the wider the angle, the more pronounced this effect will be.