clint

Stupid question? How to add my DVD recorder to my editing setup?

HELP!!

I am having trouble figuring out how to hook it up. I should know this but I am just drawing a blank.

I have a regular setup, mixing board, titler, 2 cd players, VCR, etc. I have the rca cables coming out of the "rec out" on the mixing board and they plug into the VCR IN.

The DVD recorder came with 3 prong RCA cables and I don't know where to run them to. THey must go into the dvd recorder but out from where?

Not the VCR because it will put out bad quality video? And where does the VHF/UHF plug into? I have the VHF/UHF from the VCR OUT to the TV so I can see what is being recorded?

DVD recorder, WHere does the VHF/UHF go to or do I even use it?

I don't want to switch cables out evertime I use the DVD or VCR? Can't I use both at the same time? Or just one at a time without switching cable?

Do I need a certain TV? With the 3 prong RCA cables, IN and OUT and S video. RIght now I have a small 9 tv with only a VHF/UHF(co axel) and only a yellow and white rca cable, the red cable is not being used?
I know there is but I really am drawing a blank.
Help!! and THANKS,
Clint MacBeth
Skydive Moab 435 259 JUMP
M.O.A.B. Mother Of All Boogies Sept 19 - 23, 2012

I have all 3. I connected the S video from the mixer OUT to the dvd IN.

Do I need a certain TV? With the 3 prong RCA cables and and S video. RIght now I have a small 9 tv with only a VHF/UHF(co axel) and only a yellow and white rca cable, the red cable is not being used?

And where does the VHF/UHF plug into? I have the VHF/UHF from the VCR OUT to the TV so I can see what is being recorded?

Right now all I have into the DVD recorder is the s video and that doesn't have audio does it? I remember that S video is only video. Am I wrong on this?

I'm getting the picture abit but still lost. I can't view any functions or anything from the dvd recorder.
Clint MacBeth

I'm thinkin main out from your mixer, S-video, into your DVD recorder, and no that doesn't include the audio signal, you'll need a separte line from the mixer to the DVD recorder for that,, usaully a white RCA jack,,, then out your DVD recorder "main out" to the TV with either the coax or RCA jacks,, white (audio) & yellow (video) it doesn't matter, but you may need to tell the TV what input your using, ie ant/line... it won't effect the quality of the recording. Ideally you'll wanna get a second monitor to see the preview screen of the mixer, in the meantime you may have to switch that cable....
I think... :)After re-reading,, you may need a switch type box to change it all from the DVD to the VCR w/o pulling it all apart..

Natural Born FlyerZ.com

I attached a photo of the back of my videonics titler. I only have video, S video IN and video, S video out.

The IN video is the white cable going to the REC OUT video and the yellow cable OUT is going to the VCR in.

I looked at the back of the mixing board and I attached a picture of the REC OUT. THe titler has

I can put the S video out of the mixer to the DVD recorder IN, but I am already using the audio(white/red) cables running into the VCR.

SO how do I get the audio to the DVD recorder without pulling the audio cables from the VCR to the DVD???

I am assuming that there are spliters at Radio shack??

Then where does the VHF/UHF cable go?

RIght now with the VCR set up I have the VHF going out of the VCR to the TV. If I want to do just the DVD recorder then I use the VHF cable out to the tv.

If I record both the DVD and VHS at the same time, where does the VHF cable go? Keep it the same? The VCR OUT to the TV and put the DVD VHF cable IN the VCR?

It's confusing isn't it.
Attached is a picture of the mixing board with the REC OUT, it has S video, yellow, white, red.

The S video is going into the DVD.

The red and white cables are going to the VCR

The white(video) cable is going to the titler.

The yellow cable is in the "preview", next to the
REC OUT. I already have another tv/monitor.

I'm still lost, I think I can record the DVD by itself but not BOTH DVD and VHS?
Clint MacBeth