ColdDuck

New Bonehead Chin Cup

I just recieved a chin cup from Bonehead and they seem to have changed a bit from the other ones I have seen. This one definitely appears to have thicker padding. However, as I tighten it to my chin as tight as it can go, I can still slide of my chin easily. The new ones don't seem to hug your chin like the older style did from what I have seen. Has anyone else noticed this?

"Insurance should called In case shit happens, if shit don't happen shouldn't I get my money back?"

Absolutely, and I hate it. I called and asked if they had any old style cups, but they don't. I wound up buying a cheaper cup from skydance. You can also get an alternative through Pier...I believe skysystems makes it. Regardless, Bonehead has made a lot of changes I'm not happy about. Their new chin cup SUCKS!!!!!
Que sera sera

>>Their new chin cup SUCKS!!!!! <<

Agreed. A few times I was a bit scared I was gonna lose my optik because of that chin cup. I have since changed to a hawkeye (for reasons other than the chin cup) and the chin cuo that came with it rocks. Actually, the entire helmet feels a bit more secure on my head. I do still like the optiks alot, but the chin cups do suck ass.
Vid
"stons fal, evrysing fals, but doesnt on purpos change its flite pas an positioning..."

How's the hawkeye working out? I'm not so crazy about this Optik. Maybe I'm used to my old helmet. I just can't seem to ket my vid to shoot where i want it. I'm shooting a little too low, but my neck is craned back all the way it can go. I have tried using a couple of washers and some foam to sit the camera higher inside the box, but doesn't help much. did you have this problems with your Optik? Any advice?
Que sera sera

I have this problem sometimes as well. Try using some of the extra padding that came with the helmet. Having the helmet sitback a bit further on my head seems to do the job. If it's already tight, just add something on one side. Use different variations!

Now, hang on just a cotton pickin minute.....I don't think I like your tone young man. I shot some really great video with my previous helmet....this Optik just isn't doing it for me. Maybe I have some adjusting to do, agreed, but I think I pride myself on accepting responsibility for my actions.....

Now, with that out of the way....So.......how ya doing, man? B|
Que sera sera