miller

non-linear editing turnkey systems

I use a . Screenplaymade by Applied Magic to do my videos. I picked it up off of E-bay and got a wicked deal on it. I thinks it's the ideal machine for someone who wants to make videos and doesn't want a steep learning curve. Casablancas are somewhat similar but have render times on them much like what you find on PC systems. With the Screenplay there is no render times. I can drop what ever I want on a story board and view it full screen without waiting for render time. When outputing a project back to DV cam or whatever your recording source is, there is a merge process if you haven't all ready merged your clips,trasitions etc but it took less then 1 min to merge all my clips/transitions for a 20 min video.

I like the fact that I can come back from the DZ on a sunday evening and have a video completed with music and everything in a matter of about 15-20 mins. It took me about 1-2 hrs to do a weeks worth of video from the Perris boogie and have a final product.

There are some trade offs. One is space. It's the size of a VCR with keyboard and mouse and you need a monitor or tv to view. The other is that some PC based programs come with wazoo effects that are pretty much drag and drop, with Screenplay those turn key effects may not be as "cool" as the PC based systems but they can be made, which may maen ya have to learn a little bit. The other trade off is that with the Screenplay I can capture from my source at Broadcast quality or lower if I want and can choose to record either video or audio only amongst other things that I haven't seen on PC based systems other than those PC systems that run in the thousands of dollars. I could go on and on, if you want more info PM me. You can also check out the Applied Magic BB and get an idea about what people in the field do with theirs. The knowledge there is immense as most of the peple there actually use their machine to make a living either doing weddings or documentary type of project for cable channels, corporations and so on.

Personaly, I think you can't go wrong with a Screenplay and you can pick one up relativley cheap if you keep an eye out for a deal which come along every now and then.The customer support from AM is fantastic as well, they are super helpful and easy to get a hold of.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING