steves

EOS500 v EOS500N

Anyone know what (if any) difference there is between the above cameras? I've spent a fruitless hour trawling through the Canon website and have been looking to buy a secondhand EOS500 I've seen advertised at a good price(One of the guys at my dz has the EOS500N)

Anyone know what (if any) difference there is between the above cameras? I've spent a fruitless hour trawling through the Canon website and have been looking to buy a secondhand EOS500 I've seen advertised at a good price(One of the guys at my dz has the EOS500N)

This is an excellent website for comparing Canon EOS camera's, it includes the different model names too (ie Rebel G vs 500N:
EOS magazine (direct link to camera's)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Hey Saskia, thanks for the link, but I'm not sure about the accuracy of it. EG I have a Canon EOS 500, which was called a 650 I think in the US, its vintage is about 93, 94 ish. Its not described correctly on your link?:S

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Hey Saskia, thanks for the link, but I'm not sure about the accuracy of it. EG I have a Canon EOS 500, which was called a 650 I think in the US, its vintage is about 93, 94 ish. Its not described correctly on your link?:S

It is a Canon-affiliated site, it should therefore be accurate.

Not sure what you mean tho, a 500 is a Rebel XS, according to the site, the 650 is a different camera and is way way older (okay so don't ask me about the logic in the numbers, if any):

EOS 500 (EOS REBEL XS) [EOS KISS] introduced 1993/discontinued 1996
No really new features, but in 1993 was the world's smallest and lightest AF SLR with built-in flash. Quartz Date version available. Canon User, September 1993, page 4

EOS 650 introduced 1987/discontinued 1989
Canon's first EOS camera introduced the first new Canon lens mount in over 20 years. Focus, March 1987, page 18

ciel bleu,
Saskia

With this particular model, EOS 500, it has no built in flash, it certainly is not a lightweight body, anything but. I have a third party manual for it (guidebook kind of thing) which I'm sure describes its various other names, I'll check up and get back to you.B|

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

The "N" version has a plastic bayonet lens attach instead of a metal bayonet. If you do not need to change different lenses I suggest you the N version, lighter and cheaper...