crazyskydiver

Anyone else jump a Sony VX2000?

I have been using the vx2000 for about a year now and its superb,the settings i use are manual white balance, shutter priority- set at 1000th for on the ground and in aircraft filming, auto focus- on, for freefall or just as i'm climbing out i set the vx to sports mode-why?, because this is really good if the weather is a bit naff or its raining slightly, because in sports mode the vx doesn't focus for the first foot so if you get spots of rain on the lense, the vx does'nt see it and you get good results. Hope this has been of help.
Dorz

Thanks for the reply.
A friend is the one that actually has it but anyway.
I am the editor and have noticed many poor qualities and was wondering if the camera is bad?
The first is the focus doesn't seem to function very well.
The second is that there is white flashes (veryfast) as if there was some tape flutter do to wind or something, but this happens on the ground also.
The third is where do you set the ND Filter and is this a Neutral Density Filter? Depending on where we tried it the focus ain't worth a damn for close up (like shooting your altimeter).
Thanks for the replies

When I got my VX200 I had what looked like tape flutter also. They told me on a normal bright day to use the ND filter on 2. This fixed the "flutter" problem. I don't know if any has mentioned this, but there it is again anyway. Thanks-Tony
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.

I have been using the Sony VX-1000 for about
4 years.. I have it side by side with a DCR-TRV20.
It's big but not that bad,, the 2000 has the flip out viewfinder, and maybe some newer features...
Color and image have always been real good...Plus I love the built in handle on the camera, makes it real easy (and safer) to handle the helmet while on the ground and in the plane.....good luck ...jimmytavino