FLamas

Nikon Coolpix 885

I'm looking for a digital camera to take picture of my jumps (just for hobby) and the Nikon Coolpix 885 seems to be ok. It can take a picture every 0.8 secs, you can use it with a wide angle lens and also a fish eye, it has a remote and it's about 450 u$s.
Is anybody using it ? Any other suggestions...

B|
Yes, please let us know how that works out.
Looks like that Olympus is spec'd out to be alot faster than the coolpix.
Especially, please let us know if you're building your switch with something like the digisnap, or if you're doing some serious engineering.

thanks,

Dan Wayland
--
Dan Wayland
http://www.danwayland.com

Hi,
I finally jumped my OLYMPUS C4040 and it seems that it works. I've just made one jump and I only made ten shots (4 during the exit and the other 6 during the rest of the free fall). It wasn't because of the camera, I'm not used to the tongue switch.
I never jumped with a camera before, so I got nothing to compare with, but the shooting speed seems good to me.

About the shutter, what I made (actually it wasn't me) was connecting three wires from the camera shutter to the video out plug.
Now the video out is disabled and I plug the remote in the vout plug.

I'll let you know when I gain more experience but everybody in my drop zone was pleased with the results (including myself of course).

Digital Skies, Fede