MrHixxx

Canon and Sony mini dvs

Hey Folks,
I am looking into purchasing a camera for the first time. The model I checked out is a Canon Elura 2mc. Does anyone have any experience with the Elura series? The salesman I spoke with insisted that Canon and Sony are the only brands to trust for dependability and quality.
Hands down, what is the best model for the sport without breaking the bank? I am not interested in any on board effects, cause I have fast PC at home that I am getting Adobe Premier for to edit. I do want to side mount it on a Mindwarp, so is there a specific Elura or PC model that is superior and what should I pay for it?
thanxxx, Hixxx

try to find a GOOD used PC-1.... plenty of on board features.
IMHO stay away from the PC-5... the lcd screen works like a touch-pad, and dirt, sand, grease from the plane etc, will put undue wear on the unit. If you DO get a PC-5 try to use the remote as much as possible.....
PC-100's are nice as are the PC-9, but $ for $ I'd find a good used PC-1....
just my opinion......

I jump with a Canon MV-3 ( the euro edition ) and still love it after 250 jumps - it`s sidemounted on a bonehead millenium - the camera is lighter than the sony pc9 - more compact and durable - no wind noise, and yes I jump in clouds, rain, snow, heat (norway) sony is also a good camera but not better, just a trend leader.What is the point with carl Z...lens when you put a cheap wide angle lens on the top. So make your choise !