Milo

Which camera for Factory Diver helmet?

Hello,
I bought some gear on Ebay and the seller threw in a Factory Diver camera helmet after I won the auction.
The helmet is a full face helmet with a molded in camera container. It looks rather safe, with nothing protruding to catch a line. A good thing, because I have less than 50 jumps but still don't plan on jumping with a camera for a long while.
My question is: What type of camera will fit in this helmet, and which is the best type?
The space for the camera is rather small, the only camera I have seen that might fit in it was a JVC g-something, but that was a few years ago.
I watched a camera guy suit up the other day and he had a monstrosity on his head which scared me just to think about jumping.
If the camera is fully contained in the compartment does it really allow a good field of focus for the camera?
The previous owner had stenciled a 'viewfinder' on the face shield that looked quite large, so I may be mistaken.
Any help is appreciated!
Milo

Sounds like a Sidewinder helmet to me. Made by SkySystems. Not sure how you'd figure out what camera it was built for (they built different boxes for different cameras), but it was definitely made for one of the smaller PC-style digitals. You might try contacting SkySystems - [email protected] or phone 303-893-1155 - for help figuring out what camera(s) your helmet was made to hold.
pull and flare,
lisa
--
Life is tough, but I'm tougher

the best camera to use on the original sidewinders is a pc-1
the field of view isnt bad if you get a step up ring and a wide angle conversion lens....
The drawing on the shield is an impromtu sight.....
here is an easier method when you ge ta camera for it.
Put the helemt on, place the camera in "standby mode"
have a friend look through the viewfinder on the camera and move your head until "something" ie a doorknob about 10 feet away is in the center of teh cameras viewfinder....
NOW..... get one of those looseleaf paper reinforcing stickers, and stick it on the shield so when you look through the hole in the sticker... you are looking at "the doorknob"
Now when you look at something through the paper-hole... you will be seeing the saem as the camera is......