faitor

EDITING DV

I have Adobe Prem 6.0, PC-9, 40G HD, and not enough time. I have been using a Sony capture card. Now hear is the problem. I capture the DV onto the computer with a firewire connection. From there I edit my clips in Adobe. I get it all perfect and now can't get it to a usable format. I want to accomplish two things. One, get the file small enough to put on my web site. Two, transfer it to a VCD (video CD) and eventually DVD. Right now VCD would be great. I can't figure out what resolution to use so I can obtain VCR quality VCD's. I also can't find a program (including Media Cleaner 5 which comes with Adobe) that will allow me to make MPEG2 formated films.
It is my understanding that MPEG2 is the only format that VCD works in. It is also playable on most DVD players. Thanks for the help anyone can provide.

Do a search on the net for a program called avi2mpg1 or avi2vcd not sure of the correct name but it is a great converter. and its free. Ive been able to squish avi's to a quater of thier size. Also try the DIVX codec works great for stuff on the web.
Sam