deb18560

RW Development Program SPCO

My husband has a very old copy of a book titled "RW Notebook for the RW Awards Program, Basic 4-Way" from the RW Development Program SPCO. It's a great resource that we'd love to use with some of our up-and-coming jumpers. There's no copyright information on it, but it was developed by Paule Clifford in December 1991. I've searched for Paule Clifford, the title of the book, etc. with no results, so I feel it would be acceptable to use it, but I don't want to violate a copyright if one exists.

Does anyone have any information about this book, the author, etc.?

Thanks!
Deb Correia

You're right Deb, the "RW Notebook for the RW Awards Program, Basic 4-Way" was quite innovative in its day and is still a valuable tool today.

It was a grass-root initiative by members of the
Sport Parachute Clubs of Ontario (Canada).

Let me forward your question on to mARK bLOOR, the typesetter.

Wow, hadn't heard anyone mention that in years. History & Trivia!

It really was a nice little RW training book, with all sorts of practice dives organized in sequences, by different levels of difficulty.

The Sport Parachuting Council of Ontario organization basically disappeared in the mid '90s, and Paule has long been out of the sport (but did show up for a reunion a couple years ago).

I don't think anyone is going to mind if one uses it now -- but Andre should be able to contact her. She'd probably be happy to know that someone remembers it!

Hi, Deb.
I edited that book. The copyright should be inside the front cover, and read "(C) Paule Clifford, 1991". Paule was and is my best friend, and I expect she will be delighted to have her work helping jumpers again, but I'll ask her specifically about this. How do you anticipate using the material?

--
mARK bLOORE