cpoxon

Dubai awarded Mondial 2012 and new block 1+13

SSSOOOOOOOOOO, I've been out of the loop on RW for some time now, but coming back in and seeing these new changes I have to say that I don't like the new blocks one bit. Especially the new block 1, does anybody know what the reason was behind the change? Why would we want to fix something that wasn't broken?
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Apparently they wanted to change 13 to be offset -> spinner but only realised that the offset was the bottom of the existing block 1 at the meeting so had to come up with something new for block 1 and picked a simple change.

Take a hunt through the skyleague news for some more

I like the new 13 although I miss the centre swapping of the old 13 and the unusual moves that it threw up. I'm less keen on the new 1 but that might change when we can get the hill catches.:)

I fear change, I say bring back hammer-hammer along wiht all the great swing moves you and I both love :)
While we're at it lets do some throwing back and put zipper-star back in the mix, I'd move back to OC if that happened;)

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower