flymysky

NorCal Teams: Otter exits

We are a 4-way team in NorCal and we're trying to get together at a dz with an otter a few times in the coming months. We all have commitments on Saturdays and Sundays and so we'd like to do a couple of Mondays at Lodi. We'd need to get a bunch of skydivers there so Bill will fly the otter though. Are there any teams out there interested in meeting in Lodi for some otter training? Or maybe you know some folks who'd like to be there for fun jumps.

The first day we're looking at is Monday June 21st and we plan to do more, especially as the Nationals get closer.

Please message, email or phone me anytime.

Thanks!

Kath

ph 408-710-1317
[email protected]

Please don't send to my dropzone.com email account, it gets so much junk that I sometimes miss the real ones.

edit: BillVon, I'd like to also post this in the Freefly, Canopy Formation and Bonfire forums but I just read the new rules on crossposting. How should I go about it?

Hello Kath,

Though I think it may be difficult to get Bill to pull one of the Otters out on a Monday I can be there to help you guys fill a plane.

I am still new to the sport so bare with my question: Why would the Beech 99 not work out for ya? I think I know the reason but I want to see if I have the right line of thinking going on. ;)

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for offering to come out and jump. I've spoken with Bill and he'll fly any plane as long as there's butts on seats. If we can't get enough to fill the otter then the beech will do. At the nationals we'll be jumping otters and it would be really helpful for us to be able to train in one. The beech has a similar size door but there are some differences like: prop blast, airspeed and the inside configuration (which could affect the way we climb out). If we can't fill the otter, the beech is the next best thing.

Thanks again and we'll keep you updated.

Kath :)
edit: for early morning spelling issues :P
My candle burns at both ends It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - It gives a lovely light.
http://www.galaxygear.com.au/