courage

diamonds, jewels, rubicks...

Hi. Just finished the Big Way Camp at Gryttjom in Sweden. Sunny all week. Made 38 jumps. Two Airplanes (AN-28 & Super Otter). Several 30+ dives. Multiple points. Largest formation was a 41-way but we also did a 25-way diamond and a 25-way jewel. Then we had a little discussion about other diamonds and jewels. What has been done out there? Of course, I know of the 144-diamond on August 8, 1988 and the Arizona Challenge jumps, but what has been done in other countries? Anyone?

I have a picture of a 64-way jewel with a bipole centre on my desk from a mid-1980's USPA Calendar. I think it is over Deland. Tom Piras is one of the two corners that are facing outwards. Cool shot of a difficult formation to build and fly.

I believe that a 100-way jewel has been built...possibly in Arizona in the 90's.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Not a secret that most people like Markku and Gareth because they are friendly and nice with all kind of skydivers. They are not that type of skygods who only deal with highly experienced jumpers and they are not kicking you out from the dive for the smallest mistakes...And they take care even with the lower experienced jumpers and they do not feel bad when they jump 8 ways with beginners...
Some critics were still pointed to them that 'they are too nice' and 'they should be stronger handed'.
But the results their teams are achieving is proving the opposite :) They are result oriented.. but not for all price and since they trust even in lower experienced but most probably talented folks... the magic happens :) world record and and other great skydives come to success :)
I will never forget the Herc boggie 37 way with 4 points dive with unbelievable difficult block movement with average ~600 jumped guys...

But I am writing too much good about them :) for the balance let's admit that Markku has the worst and most painful collection of jokes on this planet.. maybe in the universe :)