D22369

for the instructors who swoop

If the DZ you work at bans HP landings all together, neither allowing a area to play or a seperate pass for the swoopers, what are you going to do?

personally I would quit, the freefall just doesnt do it for me anymore, I love working with students but the frustration of being stifled is something i couldnt tolerate.

* and it goes without saying, I am NOT saying to be allowed to rip a HP landing in a crowded airspace...

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Sorry, i'm not an 'INSTRUCTOR'. Why not? Because I have a wicked addiction to hookturns. If i'm flying a parachute good chance that i'm gonna hook it. Instructors in a sense, lead by 'EXAMPLE'. I see that being an addicted to hookturn hookturner would be being a bad example to students, if I were an instructor. I chose many years ago to not be an instructor in part because i choose to hookturn. My 'getting off' by doing the 'hookturn' has outweighed my enticement to become an instructor. I'm just another skydiver, a paying customer.

if you have something relevant to my topic, feel free to add something.

if you wish to debate the topic of instructors leading by example, pm me or start another thread.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

I see that being an addicted to hookturn hookturner would be being a bad example to students

So you like to dig it out of the corner or like to make a nice high speep approach?

Edit:moved the reast of the post content post to another thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix