bmason81

sabre 150 to a crossfire2

I just received my crossfire2 149 and was able to put a few jumps on it this weekend. I must say that I really love this canopy, the openings are so soft compared to my sabre, and all the flight controls are so smooth. I just wanted to let people know that I highly recommend this canopy.:)
pull low, fly fast, PLF!

Swooping is a long term goal for me. A friend of mine told me I should try a 135 and I told him I would rather learn on a lighter wingloading, he laughed and said I should tell everyone on the dropzone to do the same thing. I understand the consequences on do not plan on any hi performance landings for a while. But when I do start I have a lot of great canopy pilots to learn from at my dropzone.:)
pull low, fly fast, PLF!

nice.

after 100 jumps or so, strap on 10 pounds of weight. see how it flies then.;)

you wont even need to downsize. then strap on a litle more lead after 2-300 jumps on it. and you wil be lovin it more...

take your time, your under a canopy that will perform VERY well. and as your experiance grows, add a little weight. by 750 jumps you will be ripiun it up nder that thing....

Good idea about the weights. All I wanted to do this weekend was altitude hop and pops, but the weather was not cooperating so I had to go at 3.5. I was supprised that the back riser turns on the crossfire were comparable to the toggle turns on my sabre, and when I pulled the rear risers down at the same time it felt just like flaring with the toggles.
pull low, fly fast, PLF!

id say you have some damn good canopy pilots! is kevin love still out there? he came up to my dz last year for the pst and blew everyone away! he's a really great person, i was stoked to get to know him a little. tell him hello. and enjoy your new toy. i also just bought a brand new crossfire2 99 for my camera jumps. hooked her up today but didnt get to jump.
>

Kevin is in california right now I am not sure at what dz. We still have papa dop and jake kilfoyle, and a number of others. Tonight is supposed to be sunset loads but the weather is not going to cooperate, so I have to wait till thursday.>:(
pull low, fly fast, PLF!