ianmdrennan

CPC Southeast Region SCHEDULE (GA/TN/AL)

I'd like to thank Dave for making such an effort to not have more than 1 event at a dropzone for this season. I for one, think it's a great idea (and in the spirit of the CPC) to include as many DZ's as possible.

Bravo, Dave (Freeflypimp).

I believe the Carolina region is doing the same thing (different DZ's) so kudo's to them as well!

2005 Southeast District

Canopy Piloting Circuit

Event Schedule

Meet Director: Dave Hebert
Chief Judge: Loralyn Laurie

The Southeast District is proud to present The Southeast Swoop Series. We will be conducting 5 Competition/Skills Camps at 5 different dropzones throughout the district. Skills Camps will be open to all skill levels of Canopy Pilots. Whether you are looking to tune up your swoop or just land your caopy safely we will help you in every way possible. The Camps will be conducted 2 days prior to each event so that competitors can practice on the competition courses prior to each event. The skills camps will include the following:

Canopy Skills Camp
Morning Yoga Class- This will warm you up mentally and physically and prepare you to get the most out of the skills camps.
Daily Canopy Flight Seminars- We will discuss all aspects of canopy flight and answer any questions that you may have.
Landing Video Debriefs- All jumps made at the camp will be filmed and debriefed after each load and collectively at the end of the day, where we will recap on all skills learned throughout the day.
Professional Swoop Coaching- You will have access to top pro pilots from the PST that will aid you in becoming a more consistent and more well rounded canopy pilot. The pro's will be available all day long to answer your questions and help with whatever you need .
Participant Video's- Each Camp participant will leave the Camp with a copy of their own landing video's. So you can go home and continue learning by watching what you have done and applying the skills you have learned at the camp to your landings.

Skills Camp Cost: $50/Day + Jumps

Competitions
Competitions will be held on the saturday following each skills camp and will move to Sunday if weather dictates. Otherwise Sundays will be used for free rounds and Mystery events for those who are interested.

All competitions will follow CPC Rules that can be viewed at www.canopypiloting.com . The events will include 2 Distance runs, 2 Speed runs, and 2 Zone accuracy runs. The scores will be totaled to decide the final standings of each event.

At the end of the season the top 5 competitors will advance to the CPC Championships to compete for an opportunity to qualify for the Pro Series. Competitors must compete at 4/5 of their home districts competitions to qualify for the Championships. The Top ten competitors at the Championships will be given the opportunity to run the pro qualifing course, and the winner of the Championships will advance to Pro automatically.

Event Dates and locations

Round 1 May 5-8 Skydive The Farm/ Cedartown, Georgia

Round 2 May 26-29 West Tennessee Skydiving/ Memphis, Tennessee

Round 3 June 23-26 Alabama Skydive Center/ Pell City, Alabama

Round 4 July 28-31 Skydive Atlanta/ Thomaston, Georgia

Round 5 August18-21 Emerald Coast Skydiving/ Elberta, Alabama

CPC Yearly Membership: $50

Competition entry fee: $50

Jumps: $10-$15 depending on DZ.

If you have any questions regarding the Canopy Skills Camps or the Competitions please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or call me at 404-931-3880. We look foward to seeing all of you this summer and can't wait to let the swooping begin. In the meantime we wish all of you Blue Skies and Sweet Swoops.

Dave Hebert- CPC Southeast District Director

Performance Designs Factory Team

Anyone interested in learning how to fly their canopy better is welcome to attend the Skills camps. We don't care if you have 10 jumps or 1000 jumps, we can help you land better and swoop further and more accurately. Please RSVP with Dave Hebert if you want to attend one of these camps. You can E-mail me at [email protected] or call me at 404-931-3880. Camp cost is only $50/day and the camps will run 2 days each. In the meantime Blue skies and safe swoops.Peace.
Free Flight is the way of the future! Learn how and get on board the adventure train!!