freeflypimp

Team Mirage goes groung launching!

Team Mirage came to the ground launch center after the canopy piloting nationals. We spent 4 days launching all of the local spots and managed to get 10 launches off some spectacular mountains, which by the way we hiked up each one in the hot california sun. But at the end of the day it was definitely worth the effort. We climbed more than 10,000 vertical feet and enjoyed some of the most spectacular views to be had in the Sierra mountains. The longest flight time had was 6 min 30 sec off of a 800 foot slope. The highest individual climb was 2000 feet and definitely challenged our climbing ability. The flights down the mountain faces were awe inspiring and as exciting as anything I have ever done. We were flying 2 feet off the deck carving back and forth traversing the rough desert terrain barely avoiding cholla cactus's and deadly joshua trees. We were blown away by the whole experience and will definitely be back for more hikes up the beautiful Sierra mountains!
Free Flight is the way of the future! Learn how and get on board the adventure train!!

OK I feel stupid now....I thought that the blue part of the canopy had regular cells and the white had crosbracess...I though it was a Hybrid of some kind...like this one

do you notice the difference? compared to this other?

Felipe
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."

The white part is x-braced. I think they are calling it the GLX? They called it a GX when Slaton jumed it at the world cup last year.

The center "3" cells look like an FX and the outer 3 look like crossfire2 cells.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome