Unutsch

exit altitude: 3.200 m, freefall time: 5 s :-)))

so there I was siting in the airplane (PILATUS PORTER PC-6) today, getting ready for another solo headdown jump... i was somewhat full of it 'cause i just can't get it right and fly vertical, so i started thinking how it would be to just jump out and open the canopy at the exit altitude (Ace 100 by AtAir) and play with it... i laughed at my silly thoughts, saying to myself: get serious, boy... and then the door opened, the 1.st 4-way jumped out, and i saw a big white cloud some 400 meters to the right of the plane, and again crossed my mind the thought of a hop'n'pop ... the 2nd rw team jumped, and i had the chance to take a longer look at this tempting clowd...

the next thing i did, was looking at the pilot and saying: vili, i'll chase some clowds, wanna join me? he just smilled. i'm not sure if i want to know what he thought of it :P and then, i jumped out and deployed the pilotchute in under 5 seconds... the opening was a bit strange, with a full 360° turn, but all in all uneventfull...

but then began the ultimate fun: some hard toggle turns while flying to the clowd, bringing the canopy to a full stop and then initiating a hard front riser turn...

the clowd came closer and closer allmost as fast as the smile on my face got bigger and bigger... damn, it's a cool and overwhelming feeling to fly throug a clowd!!!!

mmmm, it's been allmost 4 hours since then and 3 anoying customers, but i still have this huge smile on my face :D:)

the only bad thing i have to share is, the fear i caused to my fellow skydivers that were jumping: no one knew my intentions besides the pilot and another skydiver that was on the load, but i guess he didn't hear me 'cause he allready had his factory diver on...

I WAN'T MORE!!!!

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

so there I was siting in the airplane (PILATUS PORTER PC-6) today,

The Porter, eh?Are you getting it for free yet, national freefly champions?:P
So did Vili join you? He seems just the pilot to really do it. And I'm sure he'd love chasing skydivers down, too.

Anyway, thanks for bringing this up. I'm going to Bovec tomorrow for a week and I just might do a h&p or two from altitude and enjoy the mountain scenery.:)

no, we're not getting it for free... i hope we will ;-))

nah, Vili didn't join me, he flew strait down, not even waveing his wings....

have fun in Bovec!! and borrow a smaller chute if you're going to try this :P;)

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org