skygod7777

xaos 21 and xaos 27

what's up

now i jumped the xaos 27, and i really liked it. but i thought it was very comparible to the vx, with lighter front riser pressure, but heavier rear riser pressure, and a longer snivel.

now i know that most people have had a bad experience with a vx on opening, but that problem has been tamed down.

so my question is, is the xaos 21 a whole lot different than the fx???? i may jump one just for the fun of it, but i don't have the extra money right now to spend it on a demo canopy.

later

I haven't a huge amount of jumps on either (300 on a 21 - 108, 15 on a fx109) i've found the openings to be a bit longer on the 21. Ive been having problems with opening on my 21 but this is probably down to me! (read 'xaos on opening')
Main difference again seems to be front riser pressure - much lighter therefore more controllable and easier to adjust through the turn and therefore better swoops.
21 deffinately goes further on the swoop than the fx, again I think this is because the risers are more controllable during the turn. Also I seem to be able to slow it down more before i put my feet down.
Hope you find this useful.
http://www.garywainwright.co.uk

Instagram gary_wainwright_uk

I find the Xaos flies a bit "smoother" than the FX, but that could be biased but my opinion of the openings. Another option if you're looking for new/more performance from your FX might be to send it to Precision Aerodynamics, and have them perform the Stabil-Rib rib convresion. Anyway I think that's what they are calling it. They will replace the end panel of the end cells, put a continuous HMA linset one it and I thin it includes a new slider. About $400USD. We had that done for a former DZO here and he loves it.
Blue Skies,
-jp-
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.