cliffharris

crosswind touchdown

Do you get pushed sideways at the end of a crosswind swoop, when your airspeed is depleting? Is there a good way to counter this? ..... I think maybe it's because I'm popping up with my last bit of lift, maybe i should be trying to put it down with more speed, so im not up there dangling in the wind?....
I'd fall on my head for you.

Do you get pushed sideways at the end of a crosswind swoop, when your airspeed is depleting? Is there a good way to counter this?

Yes, you do get pushed sideways (downwind) during a crosswind swoop.
What most swoopers do to counter this (if the winds are kicking pretty good) is to give a little more toggle input on the upwind side to steer the canopy into the wind a bit during the swoop. The canopy is actually no longer flying a true crosswind route however, relative to the ground, the pilot appears to be flying perpendicular to the windline.
At winds under 10mph it's hardly worth bothering with (IMO) however, if the winds are kicking, it can make the touchdown much easier to deal with.
Blues,
Trey