grega

full face helmet

What do you think about buying a full face helmet for freeflying. Someone said that when he took a full face helmet on freefly jump, it was harder to fly because of all the drag helmet produces in freefall.
Is that true?
"Do the monkey with me!"

drag ?? i think it's more aerodynamically shapped then open face helmet. it may restrict your field of view to some extend, but not much i beleive. and drag isn't an issue for freeflying - freefly jumpsuits are more loose then regular RW and thus produce more drag.
stan.

What do you think about buying a full face helmet for freeflying.

I've freeflown (past tense of freefly?) in both open and closed face helmets. The difference in drag is negligible and I would think the drag is probably greater on the open face.
The primary difference is going to be on the peripheral vision which is often obscured by a full face helmet. Freeflying tends to be much more three dimensional than RW and it's nice to have the largest field of vision possible.
It basically comes down to preference. Some people like the added protection of a full face as well as the more peaceful feel of it since you don't have the wind in your face. Others (myself included) prefer the extra peripheral vision as well as the feel of the wind in our face.
Another reason I like open face helmets is that it allows others to see my facial expressions. Plus it's definitely more fun to geek a camera when you're wearing an open face helmet!!!!
Blues,
Trey