MrHixxx

HMA brake lines

I tie toggles on with a surgeon's knot and two locking knots. When I checked my Xaos the other night I noticed that they had loosed and little and migrated from how slick the HMA is. I will eventually finger trap and bartack them. Nonetheless, I would like to know if anyone is using a particular knot or sequence that is working well without loosening and/or migrating?
thanx, Hixxx
"Sous ma tub, Dr. Suess ma tub" :S

Currently on one of my new canopies, I am using a Bowline knot at the toggles--until I establish my full flight line length, at which time I may finger trap a 1+ inch loop. (maybe?) BTW-a Bowline will not slip.
You could also go with the usual accepted single overhand knot on a looped end. (should not slip)
Dave Brownell

I'm a little behind on the knotting nomenclature, but I believe I use a single overhand knot on a looped end, with the excess fingertrapped. I also jump a Xaos with HMA, and I haven't had any problems with that knot loosening or migrating.
Jason