Gary73

Is the Classifieds system supported?

Two months ago I posted three different bug reports in this forum regarding problems with the Classifieds system. There haven't been any responses from any moderators or admins and the problems are still there. I also tried PM-ing the moderator, again with no response. So I have to ask: Is the classified ads system intendeded to be supported by dropzone.com, or was it set up years ago and then just left on autopilot?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Gary, as we said at that time UPT was missing, it is added now. The complete list of every possible container and main is not listed since the fields are populated via the same area that the Gear Reviews are created in. There is potentially some effort coming up to add some more fields to that area that would trickle over to the classifieds. The ability to do freeform fields would be nice but that is what the body of the ad is for.

The saving of the data in an error is not something that is easy to fix shy of using something like AJAX or another option. Its far outside the scope of a simple bug fix and would instead need a major rewrite of the code base.

I'm not sure moderator you wrote. I am the mod that is the most involved in the classified and I only have the ability to edit and remove ads in the classifieds.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Eric,

Thanks for the info.

I prefer to list as much info as possible in the table, since that's so straightforward for both the seller and the buyer. Any additional manufacturers and models would be helpful, but any fixed list is bound to be incomplete, and possibly incorrect (like "Vector Tandem Sigma"). If it isn't practical to allow free-form text, how about including "Other" in the list? That would at least let sellers list as much as possible there. I'm not a sysadmin, but if you need a volunteer to come up with additional gear names, I'd be willing to do that.

Okay, it's not important enough to do a major re-write.

Sangiro.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan