Black-slon

check boxes

hello,

actually this is the firs time I post here, however I read for a while. What do you think on creating checkboxes, where I may check to leave this forum unseen? For example: I am not interested in, let's say, French forum, so I just check there and will not see it any more. That's just a queston :)

Thank you.

If you want to subscribe to the forums you are most interested in, use the Forum Subscriptions feature.

If you simply want to collapse the topical forums you are not interested in out of view, just click on the [-] next to the forum group heading (e.g. "International"). The forum heading will still show, but the topical forum headings and descriptions will not.

You can also clean up your display by changing "Show Forum Descriptions" to "No" in the Display Settings. Only a brief forum description will remain.

Happy posting! B|
Arrive Safely

John

I too would like to customize my top level forum listing better.

But the suggestions I found here don't quite fill the bill.

The "Subscriptions" thing seems to be about sending email to my email address. I don't want more email.

The [-] button blocks the entire category. There are categories that I want to see some of the forums, so this doesn't do it.

What I'd like to do is enable or disable the presentation of any particular forum in any particular category.

I envision something similar to the subscription control page. But it would control what is presented in the top level Forum page, as opposed to generating email to me.

Or am I still missing something?

Thanks!

-paul