Eiley

Grievers' forum

I was wondering about the possibility/utility of having a closed forum (accessible only to those who have requested access for a legitimate reason) for those who have lost close people to the sport.

Some people don't have others around them to talk to and may be reticent to talk at length on an open forum about what they miss most about the deceased, how they feel about the media coverage (or even the Incidents coverage), feelings of incredible grief, hopelessness and inadequacy etc., such outpourings which may even embarrass them in years to come. I'm thinking of a highly moderated forum of supportive people who truly understand and may be able to assist in such a time.

I know I didn't get much out of the counsellor who feined interest in someone she'd never met and suggested I might feel better if I (a) believed in god or (b) sued someone. :S My family and friends were loving and supportive but most didn't truly understand. I just thought there may be others - spouses, siblings, partners, parents, offspring, best friends - who would benefit from something like this.

nothing to see here