doug316

iFly SF Bay

I noticed they were hiring, no experience needed.... would there be slightly higher pay for experienced people?

I go to San Jose State, and was considering this as a possible job...
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

What I would go for is a frequent flyer an/or skydiver discount. I bet others here would too.

I couldn't wait any longer so hopped a plane to Flyaway Vegas and took advantage of their skydiver discount package. Did my first 30 minutes of tunnel time and learned a lot. Made friends and will go back but am really looking forward to a "local" tunnel (only 3 hr drive). I need more than 3 min at a time to make the progress I want but don't know people to purchase an hour of block time with. How about a package built around 10 or 15 min of flight time for individuals?

Dude, you just admitted that you spent $$$ on airfare, probably hotel, and who knows what else to fly in a slower, diffusing colum of air that doesn't simulate the same air as freefall. I think you need to be charged MORE than everyone else.

Motivate yourself and find some friends before that $500/hr deal dissapears. Sounds like that guy who posted below you might be interested.
Don't Confuse Me With My Own Words

Sure, I hear you. But my point was that if IFly SF bay wants to sell more pre-opening block time, I'll bet they could sell a bucket load of 15 min blocks. I know I'd buy at least a couple, probably more.

Flyaway Vegas is my only tunnel experience . It was enough fun (read "flying") that I know I am going to end up spending a fair amount of time in vertical wind tunnels. Whatever its limitations, I was flying! And I saw others working on 2-ways and what looked like free fly to me.

Any update on opening date? I see staff is flying. When can skydivers start? I have bought and given a couple gift certificates but the logistics of putting together a big enough group for an hour block has still not worked out, though I have found one guy who sounds like he would be willing to let me buy into some of his block time. As I said I'd be very interested in getting a few 5 or 10 minute blocks. The web site says to check back later. I have signed up for the news letter and sent direct inquiries but have received no responses.

Info please. I have the itch pretty bad and am trying to figure if I can wait to fly at SFbay or should spend another pile of money to go elsewhere to avoid "flight withdrawal"

Thanks for the help. Feel free to email me direct.

Doug,
how do we book time our coach is coming up from SoCal and if your open we'd like time? I've sent emails but have NO response and there is no telephone number listed to call....are you really going to be open or is it just rumor?????

I wondered the same thing.....then drove by today.....there is a reason there is no phone number[:/].....

I'm sure it will be beautiful once the walls around the tunnel go up:D. The crew men I spoke with did confirm that they have tested the tunnel and there have been people flying in it, but it looks a long way off from the construction being done.

I asked the workers if it will be complete by mid Aug and they laughed. I suggested that they work 24/7 cause We WANT them to open..open..open..

The location is great: 15 min for OAK 45 min from Marin County and a bus stop 2 feet away from its front door.

I can't wait!

The new IflySFbay web site answers most of my questions. One thing needs clarification though. The beginner packages do not specify time in minutes, only relative to a skydive. Although I would assume that to be about a minute, I would like to know for sure how minutes of tunnel time are included in say the "earn your wings" package (equivalent of three tandem sky dives).

Thanks

How do Adult Leagues like SVCO work? Costs? I've been to iFlySFBay several times now and brought some friends. Learning alot and plan to be a regular. But would be interested in anyway to reduce costs and/or bring more friends. They are still not running at full capacity so might be open to ways of bringing in more customers. Thoughts or suggestions? Another problem is that I live far enough away that a trip to the tunnel is an all day affair so its hard to get there more than a couple of times a month. But hey whats life without a few challenges?
If God meant for us to fly
He'd have given us imagination!

Well I just saw this thread this morning, ran down there and did 10 minutes this afternoon (my first tunnel). I'm impressed and will use it as a tool to learn free flying.....no small task for this old dog.

But my eyes were opened to the future when I realized how quickly these things are popping up around the country and how much of the market is the general public. I was in a group with a 5 year old and 8 year old. So, I guess these tunnels will be profitable like indoor kart racing: supported by the general public as a novelty.
Ted
D6691 SCR 3975 SCS 2242 NSCR 698
On the road to wrack and ruin…………
but making damn good time.