davidlayne

Havard collides with a parachute

I picked this up from another forum I frequent.

aeronut 2008 wrote

"The drop had been briefed as a pair of loads followed by a stick of para on the same pass. Then due to the wind being out of limits for the para that part of the drop was canned and the direction of the run reversed. This was passed over the radio to the pilot of the photochase Harvard who thought that the plan was now to drop one load on two seperate runs, so after the first load left the Herc he started his turn and collided with the second load (a Supacat ATV). I was standing alongside the Army Officers running the trial and all they said was "Oh one of the parachutes has burst" my reply was along the lines of "The f...f....f....f...flipping Harvard flew through it". To be fair he had been intent on watching the load through binoculars."
I don't care how many skydives you've got,
until you stepped into complete darkness at
800' wearing 95 lbs of equipment and 42 lbs
of parachute, son you are still a leg!

aeronut also wrote

"Notice the molten Nyon around the cowling, this also appeared on the wings. You can see the only physical damage at 4 O'clock on the cowling - a small metal patch is being pulled away from two rivets."
I don't care how many skydives you've got,
until you stepped into complete darkness at
800' wearing 95 lbs of equipment and 42 lbs
of parachute, son you are still a leg!