efs4ever

Skippy Manino RIP

Deaf Freddy, his nephew, came out with a large group of deaf tandem students this past weekend. He told me that Skippy died in March of LAST YEAR. His ashes are in a can on Freddy's mantle.

This picture was taken in 1992 or so. I'm sure he was in his sixties then. He had some interesting tales about his feats with rounds. (CHEAPOS, NOT PCs) Stuff like landing on a barge with a round. Doing Santa jumps into shopping centers with rounds and landing on rooftops, etc.

He was a character.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Damn. Skippy was always a riot to be around, but I sure had trouble understanding his thick cajun accent.

I seem to recall that even with a square parachute, he managed to land atop a rotor blade on a parked helicopter behind the old Spaceland hanger. He kinda bounced up and off of it.

The Gulf-Houston airport has now been plowed up and no longer exists.

I made quite a few jumps w Skippy from 90-96 when I was in Houston. Several memorable CrW jumps. Skippy was fun to be around and was always ready to jump with anyone, no drop zone politics involved. Sorry to hear he is gone, I think the sport could use more like him. Blue Skies, Skippy!

I supposed to release Skippy last Sat. but His daughter got a bad car accident 3 weeks ago. Her 2 daughters was okay and one ribs broken. Skippy's ashes still sit since March 15 2006. Hope to release him soon with his friends You, Mike, John, Charles, Larry, and Pecker? Peanut? who else :) ?? ;) Freddy

I supposed to release Skippy last Sat. but His daughter got a bad car accident 3 weeks ago. Her 2 daughters was okay and one ribs broken. Skippy's ashes still sit since March 15 2006. Hope to release him soon with his friends You, Mike, John, Charles, Larry, and Pecker? Peanut? who else :) ?? ;) Freddy

Yeah, you need to send him out in style with all his old friends as soon as the family has recovered from the accident. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How about on June 2 ? Skippy's daughters suggest on that date. Can you help me to reach old pals of his and jump with us to release Skippy's ash. Thanks, Fred

I'll ask about it at Skydive Houston. John Rich, you can help out too. :)
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com